You can tell that my husband’s favourite flavours are chocolate and peanut butter. Ever since being bitten by the baking bug, I’m constantly looking up new recipes that combine these two flavours. This pie that I tried recently was such a hit, hubby immediately went back for seconds which he never does.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie*
2 graham cracker crust (I went with a chocolate flavoured one but regular is ok)**
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tub Cool Whip, divided
12 Reese Peanut Butter Cups, frozen and chopped
1 110g package of instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup milk
1/2 cup of confectioners sugar
2 chocolate squares
1) In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, 1 cup confectioners and peanut butter until fully combined. With a spatula, gradually fold in 1/2 the Cool Whip. Spread onto graham cracker crusts.
2) Spread the chopped Reese Peanut Butter cups on top.
3) In another bowl, lightly whisk together the pudding mix & milk for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes until thickened. With a spatula, gradually fold in 1/2 the Cool Whip. Spread over the peanut butter cups.
4) Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (or overnight).
5) Microwave on high 2 chocolate squares for 1 minute. Stir chocolate squares. Microwave another minute and stir. If chocolate is not fully melted, microwave for another 15 seconds. With a fork, drizzle chocolate on top of pies.
Yields: 2 pies (or 16 servings)
**I haven’t figured out how to divide this recipe in half without leaving me with, essentially, half the ingredients (eg: half a package of cream cheese) so I just made this for two pies.